The long distance walking doesn’t need any expertise. You just install a pedometer app on your phone and you are good to go. Walking regularly maintains the wellness and clears the mind of negative thoughts. Hence allowing for better thinking and a hassle-free mind. The pedometer estimates the distance walked as steps. The more steps counted the more calories are burnt. Yet, the pedometer doesn’t count unless you move.
Using a pedometer app encourages to walk more. It helps break the old records for both the distance and calories burnt. As a result completing a distance goal elevates the self-confidence. Go for the long walking once or twice a week.
There are lots of pedometer apps for android and iOS. One of the best is the Runtastic Pedometer Pro. It’s an all in one pedometer app that works anywhere on your body and requires no setup.
Just run the app and let it count your steps throughout the day and don’t panic it won’t kill the battery. Just hit stop when you finish your day goal of the steps and bedazzled with the day achievement. Furthermore, you can save the day record as a milestone which you can find in the history tab. It is the only health and fitness app you need to keep track of your steps. Accordingly, you won’t need any extra weight loss devices.
- Uses low-battery-drain sensors & smart algorithms to seamlessly pick up your movements.
- Automatically counts the steps (whether the phone is in pockets, purse, on arm or hand).
- Calculates the calories burned, speed, distance, and the step frequency.
- Users can save body metrics like weight and height for a more accurate calorie count.
- Pedometer syncs with Runtastic.com: Manage all data online.
- Share your walking achievement on social media like google+, facebook, and twitter.
- The history log includes full insights of the distances and the calories burnt. This helps to reach the weight loss goals.
Before the long walking
In the week before you go:
- Have balanced diets of fresh veggies, fruits, and good carbs.
- Eat small meals rather than big meals which take more time in digestion.
- Eat iron-containing foods like meat and liver because they help prevent fatigue.
- Drink not less than 8-10 glasses of water every day.
In the walking day:
- Clip your toenails short.
- Wear breathable socks and light comfortable sneakers to avoid blisters.
- The clothing should be comfortable and suitable for the weather conditions.
- Take a water bottle to hydrate every 10 minutes.
- Bring some snacks for energy like nuts, raisins, and chocolate bars. Eat them while walking to maintain energy and strength
- Do some stretching to your muscles.
- Boost your body with a fresh fruit drink or a flavored milk drink.
- Take a cold bath to relieve any swelling due to walking.