Detoxification (detox) is removing the toxins and wastes from the body. The toxins are spread everywhere like in the air, water, and food, however, the liver is capable of cleansing the body of them. First, the liver turns the toxins into inactive products and subsequently they are eliminated through the kidneys, intestines, skin, and lungs. Detox is more required when the metabolic wastes and pollution exceed the body’s tolerance.
Signs for Detox Necessity
• Persistent Fatigue and Muscles Pain
When resting and sleeping for sufficient hours could not overcome the body fatigue and muscles ache.
• Losing Weight scarcely
Doing workouts do not pay off and the outcomes are not even close to the goal. Therefore one wonders: Is my body fortified against losing weight?
• Stomach Pain, Skin problems, and Allergies
Having a stubborn flatulence that sometimes turns into bad constipation. Also, skin problems and allergies can indicate it is time for body detox.
How does Detox help in Weight Loss?
Weight loss means burning fat cells but often a good plan for weight loss gets feeble to burn fats. That is a logical consequence since most of the toxins settle in fat cells. Accordingly, the body should be well detoxified to facilitate the burning of fat cells.
Before detoxifying the body, avoid:
- Fermented foods, fast foods, dried fruits, and cheese.
- Caffeine, alcohol, sugar, and artificial sweeteners.
- Processed drinks like sodas.
- Smoking and overeating.
- Using detergents and household cleaners.
How to make the Detox more effective?
Have more organic foods, fresh smoothies, and healthy drinks because they supply the body with nutrients that boost the detox. Besides, adding spices like turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and rosemary, is good for more cleansing effects. Water is helpful for increasing the potential of the liver to process the toxins. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Both good nutrition and working out are necessary for detox.
- Vegetables such as beet, artichoke, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, and radish.
- Green leaves like spinach, celery, parsley, dill, and watercress.
- Vitamin C foods like citrus fruits and bell peppers.
- Garlic, onions, and asparagus.
- Apples and green veggies.
- Fiber-containing foods.
- Whole grains and legumes.
- Green Tea.
- Dark green leaves juices.
- Fresh Smoothies.
- Fresh orange and lemon Juices.
- Water + Lemon juice + Raw apple cider vinegar mix.
- Clove, cinnamon, and peppermint percolated drinks.
- Cranberry juice.
- Carrots juice.
- Grapefruit juice.
- Ginger and lemon juice.
- Pomegranate and lemon juice.
- Apple and cinnamon juice.
#3 Urination and Sweating
Urination and sweating are the main ways the body gets rid of fats and toxins. Urination is dependent on how much one drinks water and fluids. Whereas, sauna is a good method to sweat for wastes elimination.
Even walking increases the blood flow and therefore, wastes and toxins transport to outside the body. Regular exercising will help decrease the tension and strengthen the body. Hiking or doing some sit ups and push ups are advised for more sweating.
#5 Have Sufficient Rest
The liver processes better during rest and sleeping. Fasting from time to time and sufficient sleeping time at night allows the body systems to take a break. Such habits and avoiding stress are recommended for better detox. Try to be always surrounded by positive and optimistic people to avoid stress.
Detox is certainly important for maintaining good health. The choices of healthy foods and drinks are infinite, so start detoxification today.