Due to the fine odor and taste, cinnamon is a key ingredient in many industries. It is added to many foods from pastry, processed food to chewing gum and chocolate. At the same time, the chic fragrance makes it a cutting-edge component in perfumes, shampoos, and plenty of cosmetic products. Apart from the commercial aspect, trying out cinnamon recipes are a whole experience of happiness. Indeed, cinnamon foods are irresistible.
Cinnamon powder can be added while cooking or sprinkled over the dishes just before serving. Many culinary secrets include the addition of cinnamon sticks while cooking for a deep flavor. It’s of great recommendation to use only the high quality and safe Ceylon cinnamon for food recipes and avoid other types like Cassia. Unlike sticks, powders of the two types look almost the same, making it difficult to differentiate. Therefore, it’s better to buy true/Ceylon cinnamon as sticks which are thin and with obvious layering.
Both cinnamon sticks and powder should be preserved in tightly closed glass containers in cool and dry place. Preserving cinnamon keeps it fresh and guarantee a long shelf life. Smell the cinnamon before using it to be sure it is still fresh.
• Check out: Cinnamon Health Benefits and Types
Cinnamon recipes are not only delicious but also healthy and won’t cause you bloating or any other guts problem. Because cinnamon is great for flatulence and stomach pain, it can help prevent digestion-related problems. Besides, cinnamon overcomes the bad mouth odor as it contains antimicrobial agents.
• Check out: Hygiene Habits to keep Good Health
Cinnamon Snacks Recipes
Healthy snacks on the go are great for busy times and to avert malnutrition.
Try making the following snacks yourself at home:
1. Fresh Cinnamon Apples
A healthy snack that will make you feel full. Apples could be peeled, sliced, or chopped into little pieces before sprinkling cinnamon over them.
2. Cinnamon Baked Apples Recipe
Cut the apples into thin slices and put them on baking sheets in a preheated oven at 100°C temperature. Sprinkle the cinnamon over slices and bake them for one hour. Flip the slices and sprinkle the cinnamon, then bake the apples for another hour. After that hour is over, leave the slices inside the oven till they cool down for one or two hours. This time will make them crispy. Don’t forget to store the slices in an airtight container.
3. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
An easy recipe you can prepare at home from handy components. Mix the components well to get a homogeneous blend and make oatmeal flattering and easily chewable. According to preference, you can also add milk and/or honey.
• Check out this stunning cinnamon snack: Pecan-Cinnamon Wafers ingredients and directions
Try out these Cinnamon Recipes for Drinks
- Cinnamon tea recipe. That helps to get rid of flatulence. The addition of milk makes it a more nutritionally valuable and tasty.
- Cinnamon and honey weight loss results are potential. For everyone who struggles with losing weight, this drink will help you shed pounds fast.
- Cinnamon flavored coffee tastes good and induces a better metabolic rate in the body. A drink you should give a try.
- The healthy cinnamon hot chocolate drink is absolutely irresistible. Don’t forget to try it out.
- Green tea with cinnamon and lemon gives new perspectives of enjoying drinking green tea along with the lemon.
- The benefits of cinnamon honey lemon are countless. This mix is an extraordinary health boost.
- Cinnamon could be added to warm drinks in general for diminishing the effects of cold and flu.
Have you tried drinking these astonishing mixes and cocktails? They are powerful energy boosters full of nutritional value. Preparing these drinks is super easy, you just have to add one to two teaspoons of Ceylon cinnamon to your drink and stir it well.
Extra Cinnamon Recipes
• Healthy Cinnamon Raisin Bread
• Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Here’s a simple video for how to prepare cinnamon rolls: