The benefits of green tea are said to be exaggerations, however, it has been proven to be one of the healthiest drinks. Green tea is certainly stacked with nutrients that promote the burning of fats and improve the brain function. Also, the green tea is a great alternative to processed drinks and soda.
Drinking green tea regularly elevates the energy consumption by about 4%. Besides, it’s effective in weight loss because it increases the metabolic rate. Since it can shoot the fat oxidation up to 17% more than usual, it helps burn more fats. In addition, drinking the green tea minimizes the risks of breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers.
Green Tea Components
Antioxidants are the bodyguards securing the body cells against the free radicals. As a result of the deterioration the FRs do to the cells, aging, cancers, and many diseases like heart diseases are more probable. Thus, consuming foods and drinks containing antioxidants like green tea is crucial. Polyphenols, the antioxidants in the green tea, are divided generally into flavonoids and catechins.
Because of the polyphenols astringency, the green tea has a dry mouth taste. Of all catechins, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the most active. The polyphenols increase the metabolism rate including the fats oxidation, therefore reducing the belly fats and waist circumference.
- Lower the risks of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Kill different viruses like the influenza virus.
- Maintain the dental health because they kill the oral bacteria.
- Overcome the bad breath smell.
- Decrease the level of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Reduce the body fats.
- Decrease the incidence of cancer and heart diseases.
- Minimize the blood sugar level.
Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system thus increases the alertness and prevents drowsiness and tiredness. It boosts the mood, concentration, memory, and reflex arc which consequently give more capacity for the mental and physical labor.
L-Theanine Amino Acid
- Diminishes the anxiety, thus helps for relaxation.
- Lowers the high blood pressure.
- Protects the nerve cells.
Due to this very component, the green tea has a characteristic flavor.
- Necessary for healthy skin and wound healing.
- Facilitates the iron absorption in the gut.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Helps in converting the carbohydrates into glucose.
- Important for the metabolism of fats and proteins.
- Prevents the inflammation in mouth and tongue due to limiting the bacterial action.
β-carotene (provitamin A)
- Required for a healthy vision.
- Prevents the muscle weakness and eye problems.
- It is a potent antioxidant.
Green tea contains a variety of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, and copper. Since the green tea has such variety of minerals, it’s a perfect drink.
- Regulates the blood pressure.
- Decreases the risks of heart diseases.
- Alleviates muscle disorders and cramps.
- Significant for the brain function.
- Necessary to maintain healthy bones and strong teeth.
- Critical for the management of insomnia, menopause, and cramps.
- Treats high blood pressure, heart attack, and cramps.
- Lowers anxiety and stress.
- Ward off the skin disorders like eczema, acne, in addition to prostate problems.
- Essential for the health of hair and eye and healing of wounds.